5 Ways to Stay Focused During Summer!
Wondering How to Stay Focused When the Beach is Calling You?
Working through the summer months can be very challenging, especially when you are running your own business! With kids out of school, and vacations right around the corner, it can be hard to stay focused on working. Instead of getting distracted with all the fun things these sun-filled summer months have to offer, make this work in your favor. Over the years I got creative to make my vacations and life work for my business. Now I get to enjoy a booming business and the BBQs and trips to the beach all at the same time.
Here are My Best Tips to Help You Stay Focused When the Beach is Calling You!
1. The sun is shining, birds are chirping and you….well, you need to make phone calls! One trick I found was getting a good quality headset for my phone so I could take walks and make calls at the same time. I always bring a small notepad and pen in my pocket just in case I really need to jot something down. Or I just send myself a text message right away. You never know, the fresh air could inspire your next big idea. Stay focused by working while enjoying the things you want to do! It is a good idea to take hourly stretch or walking breaks. I have been known to sit at the computer for hours on end – it isn’t easy to push away but better for our bodies and mental clarity when we do!
2. Make sure you have enough energy! There can be a lot going on during the summer as far as events go, so budget your day wisely and make sure you get rest. We live in a sleep deprived culture. If you aren’t getting at least 7 hours sleep a night, then you are prematurely aging yourself. I am not an early to bed, early to rise kind of person but I do most nights get at least 7 1/2 hours. Start your day off with a good breakfast, vitamins and maybe a strong cup of coffee! Think about what the word breakfast means: you are breaking the fast and jump starting your metabolism. Set a goal to eat within 30 minutes of getting up in the morning. If you fuel your body with what it needs, it will provide you with stamina to get your work done AND have fun.
3. Social events like picnics, family reunions, bbq’s, birthday parties and swim club parties are a great place to network and talk about your business and attract new team members. Be READY to talk about your business. Stock up on business cards that you can hand out when you are attending fun summer events. DO NOT oversell, or be too pushy with people – they are there to relax! Keep the conversation light, but highlight a few key points about your business. When someone asks you how you are or someone asks you what you do, be enthusiastic about how you have found a better way and how much you love having your own business! Let them know about what amazing things your business is allowing you to do. That will speak for itself! Keep cards and samples handy so you can connect. If your company has great before and after pics, know how to get to that link quickly so you can flash them on your smart phone while you are chatting with someone. And don’t wait too long before reaching out to follow up with people. Your speed in getting back to them will prove to them that you are serious and professional.
4. Don’t think you have to skip vacations to keep up with work! Stay focused and know that you can make your trips work for you. Talk to as many new people as you can and get the chance to know them. Networking is important in any industry and can often be easier when you have mai tais in hand. People are also more relaxed and open to having conversations, just always remember to keep it light. That person sitting next to you on the chaise lounge may become your best friend and best business partner.
5. Stay focused during summer by fine tuning your time management. Keep everything on a calendar and make sure you are giving yourself enough time to complete your tasks. This is especially important if you have kids since they will be out of school and have a lot of free time. Good thing teenagers sleep in because that is when I get a lot done! If you are working from home and need some dedicated quiet time, try to find a great summer camp that your kids will love. Sometimes when the kids are home, I also take a “work break” by walking down to the local coffee shop. The kids get to stay home and I get to focus and dig in for a couple hours. If your kids are young, then schedule some play dates with other parents so you have a few extra hours a week to work. You can also stay focused while on the go by sending out a few emails or making some calls while waiting for your kids to get out of practice. Always think of how you can multitask your way to success! You really can build your network marketing business in the nooks and crannies of your day! In the summer, it feels even more important to be focused on the A level activities. You know the ones that make your bank account happy!
I hope these tips help you navigate your work life during the tempting summer months! I always keep in mind that my hard work DOES pay off and helps keep my business booming. Summer vacations are a blast. I hope you enjoy yours to the fullest. Next week, my husband and I get to go to Tahiti for 10 days with our network marketing company. I won’t be working much during this vacation but I do plan to bring my iPad to take advantage of the down time to work on my presentation for Eric and Marina Worre’s first annual “The Most Powerful Women in Network Marketing History” event that takes place in August this summer. You should take a serious look at attending this event. The line up of speakers is amazing and I am honored and humbled to be included on this list. Have a great week! Here is the link to check out the big event in August. It would be great to see you there.
I hope these network marketing tips are of value to you. You may find this blog post – Network Marketing Tip: Creating Your Dream Life – helpful too! Here you can find additional training, “Straight Talk on Fear and Procrastination“, that can really help you with procrastination. If you learned something in this article, share it on Facebook! Also, comment with your thoughts below.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!