As I sit here on my couch in San Francisco and begin to write this very blog, I am grateful the sun is shining outside. And with the American Thanksgiving holiday just upon us (depending on when you read this), it’s the perfect time for all of us to take some time and think about all the things that we are thankful for in our lives. To help me, I’ve decided to make a “Gratitude List” and I suggest you to do the same. It only takes a few moments and you will love how you feel after you make the list!
Gratitude. A feeling of appreciation or thanks.
Take a moment after reading this blog and jot down your own list. Showing lots of gratitude will bring forth more of what you want. It is a proven universal principle. I know this works! I keep a gratitude journal handy and make notes on a regular basis. You will get more of what you want if you are thankful for what you have. This is talked about in the bible, new age thinking and even in science too. This may not come naturally to you and that’s okay. It just means you need it more. 🙂 We all have much to be thankful for, even if you are going through a tough time. Good happens all around us – not always easy to see, but when we look it is there! Happy Thanksgiving all! (Even if you aren’t celebrating tomorrow with turkey – I wish you lots to be grateful for.)
To help you, here are my 10 reasons why I’m giving thanks:
- I am thankful for my health. Incredibly grateful for this!
- I am thankful for my husband, Mark, for being such a sweet and positive and always smiling man! And to our three amazing children.
- I am thankful for my beautiful, large extended family. 20 of us are gathering tomorrow!
- I am thankful for all the great people I’ve met all around the world and all the adventures that have come during my travels.
- I am thankful for the experiences of spending the majority of my time in two beautiful countries – the USA and Canada.
- I am thankful for books as they are my adventures without a plane and my knowledge without a classroom.
- I am thankful for the success in my Jeunesse business, and having the opportunity to help others reach success and to better their lives.
- I am thankful for doing work that I love and being able to share that work with some terrific people.
- I am thankful for the opportunities that I have been given and the ones I have been able to give to others.
- Lastly, and most importantly, I am thankful for my parents and grandparents. I have been very blessed!
Please take time this holiday season for all the loved ones in your life. I love the quote: “life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.” And I am dancing! Now off to go bake 4 pumpkin pies! Have a great rest of the week and I will talk with you soon.