In the past year, my network marketing team has grown beyond my wildest dreams. I am working alongside some of my best friends and brightest stars in the industry. I focused my energy into finding the right people and investing my energy into those relationships. And it pays off!
When you first start out, building a great network marketing team can be a challenge. However, having a productive and successful network marketing team is absolutely essential if you are going to grow your business. It can’t be all about you. This is teamwork at its best! Here are a few tips to train and launch a superstar network marketing team.
Building a Rockstar Network Marketing Team!
1. Be sure to follow the leader and accept input from more experienced network marketers. If you are going to train a successful network marketing team you need to be trainable yourself! To find some resources, I would advise that you first find leaders in your own business. Next, carefully watch what they are doing and follow in their footsteps. If you ask someone else for advice, listen to them and let them do more of the talking! You may be thinking “No duh!” but often times I find that people get in their own way by not listening. Ask great questions and then stop talking. Listen. Remember: those before you have blazed the way for success and it may be wise to listen to them.
2. Keep sponsoring! Do not get stuck in a “management mode” where you train a few people to sponsor others and then stop sponsoring distributors or reps yourself. Your team will do what you do. The good, the bad and the ugly! You must continue to sponsor others so you can serve as a model for your team. If you are going to be successful you must ALWAYS bring new people in! Be sure to continually engage with new people, meet new prospects and look for more people to add on to the team. You never know what network marketing gem may be waiting around the corner! And talking to new people is fun! It will keep the business interesting and engaging for you.
3. Remember to always make yourself available as a resource to your network marketing team. To train someone effectively, as a sponsor, you must make sure to get him or her started right. Your job is to educate people about what they need to know to get their own business running efficiently. The last thing you want is for your MLM to be dependent on you for everything. If that happens, then you won’t get the duplication and freedom you want. Remember your goal is to train them to become independent of you as quickly as possible.
4. Never abandon someone! It is a common mistake when training others to be a MLM to get him or her started and then, once trained, leave them alone to figure the rest out while you move on to the next person. Be sure to sit down with them and make sure they have all the tools to properly get started. Then, even after they are trained, continue to be a resource for them.
The Dream Team
5. Watch who you work with when you are building your team. Do not waste resources working with someone who just is not putting forward an effort to be the best network marketer they can be. If you continue to spend time with people who are not engaged, that will only create struggle and a serious lack of fun. If you want to create a successful business, then work with people who are motivated to be successful too and are actually doing the activities. It’s great to give people “homework” and if they do that, then move them to the next phase. If they don’t, then don’t want it for them more than they want it for themselves.
6. Be sure to set reasonable expectations. Do not promise them the world if you are trying to train someone to be successful. Never say something like: “You are going to be successful beyond your wildest dreams and make a lot of money very quickly.” Do not promise them that it will be easy – network marketing is never easy, it requires consistent effort and time. However, there is also great potential in the network-marketing model. I was in corporate America for over 20 years and I never saw anything like our business model potential there! Just be sure to represent the business accurately so that you can train your teammate to be in it for the long haul.
IT IS possible to become successful and build a fortune in this industry. It just requires dedication, drive, ambition, time and some hard work. There will be ups and downs, good times and bad, but if you stick with it and keep these tips in mind, you can build a powerful and successful network marketing team. See you at the top!